Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Guidelines

Kristen asked for some direction as to "what kind of mundanity we're supposed to be espousing."

I'd be happy to offer some,if I has actually thought about that.

Let me see what I can come up with...

Here's what I was imagining a host would do.

A lot of blog carnivals accept every post sent to them and I was counting on that being our policy too. That's convenient for the host because it means no agonizing over which posts are good enough to gain admission to our prestigious party.

The only guidance I can give at this point is that I don't want posts about politics or celebrities or the technicalities of motocross racing or any other hobby sneaking in.

I realize a carnival devoted to posts about "everyday life" is like a carnival that solicits posts about "whatever" or about "anything." If, because of our rather general submission criteria, we find hosts are flooded with entries maybe we'll limit each edition of the carnival to the first fifteen submissions. We'll have to play it by ear.

That's what I've got for guidelines so far. I hope it helps. I trust that while I may not be able to define the mundane strictly, you all recognize it when you see it.